What is CodeMark Australia?
The CodeMark Certification Scheme (CodeMark) is a voluntary third-party building product certification scheme that authorises the use of new and innovative products in specified circumstances in order to facilitate compliance with Volumes One and Two of the NCC, also known as the Building Code of Australia or BCA.
CodeMark is also useful for products like Weathertex (which have been on the market for many years) because it provides our customers with a shorthand summary of the various NCC standards that Weathertex products meet/exceed. Additionally, Weathertex’s CodeMark certification is all inclusive covering;
- Volume 1 & 2 of the BCA 2019
- Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10
- Fire | Up to and including BAL 19 | Type C construction | Attachment to FRL walls tested to AS 1530.4:2014
- Up to and including BAL 19
- Type C construction
- Attachment to FRL walls tested to AS 1530.4:2014
- Structural Reliability
Why CodeMark Australia?
Weathertex has utilised the CodeMark Australia Scheme to demonstrate that our Selflok, Weathergroove, Primelok and Classic ranges meet the relevant NCC requirements. CodeMark provides confidence and certainty to regulatory authorities and the market through the issue of a Certificate of Conformity, which is one of several options available for meeting the ‘evidence of suitability’ requirements of the BCA. Choosing a CodeMark Australia certified product will protect your projects from the risk of using non-compliant materials.
Is CodeMark Australia compulsory?
No, However CodeMark Certification provides the following;
- Automatic legislative acceptance by Approving Authorities
- Increased consumer confidence, shorthand summary of NCC requirements a product meets. Protecting your projects from the risk of using non-compliant materials.
Who benefits when people use products that have CodeMark Australia?
- Approval Authorities – Building Certifiers; When assessing compliance with the NCC.
- Designers and Specifiers; When considering or comparing building products and checking where and how they can be used.
- Builders and Building Owners; When selecting products.Trades Suppliers; To promote products and assure consumers that products contribute to NCC compliance.